TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTEDThe types of personal information SalesLogs may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- transactional details and payment methods;
- commission or other reward-based payments;
- accounting and financial information;
- other personal information required to provide our services; and
- transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATIONGenerally, SalesLogs collects personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you register to use SalesLogs;
- when you enter data into SalesLogs;
- when you submit information through the SalesLogs website;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit;
- the operators of car dealerships and car dealership networks who use SalesLogs;
- a person organising your access to SalesLogs; and
- Related bodies corporate of these entities.
SalesLogs may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- administer technical support or assist with resolving other issues;
- communicate with you;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to aggregate data and provide data reports;
- for product development, quality assurance and testing purposes; and
- where it is necessary to do so in order to properly operate the SalesLogs systems and services.
- third party suppliers of computer processing and storage facilities;
- software development and quality assurance consultants; or
- professional advisers.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRODUCTSFrom time to time we may send information to you by email about:
- our products and services; and
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATIONSalesLogs stores personal information using computer storage facilities owned and operated by third party suppliers. We have taken steps in cooperation with our third party suppliers to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may store some data about the manner in which you use SalesLogs on our systems or your devices to facilitate the proper operation of SalesLogs.
DO WE SEND PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?In the normal course of operating the SalesLogs services, all of your personal information will be stored and processed in Australia.
From time to time, our software development and quality assurance consultants may need to have direct access to SalesLogs systems, and these consultants may not be located in Australia. While SalesLogs will take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information by these consultants, there may be occasions when personal information must be accessed by them for development, debugging and maintenance of the SalesLogs services.
HOW TO ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUSalesLogs will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. At your request, SalesLogs will provide a copy of personal information we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies, and reserve the right to charge a fee for retrieving this information. Requests may be sent to SalesLogs' Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer
SalesLogs will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Last updated July 2020.